Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Ballet Review

Ballet Review / Hansel and Gretel


Today I went to the Hansel and Gretel  Ballet.
It was really fun but if I were to rate it I give it
10/10. I really liked the special effects and the dance. The
costumes and the setup was impressive. You can tell they
took a lot of time planning the whole thing. 


I also really liked the lighting and backdrops.
The backdrops were spirals and when the worst

moments came they made them dark. When the
happy moments came they would make them pink
or white. They also had scary backdrops like forests or
eyes. The night time moon and stars had dead trees. 
There was two things I didn't like, were the schools around me
and the chairs. The chairs were really annoying because they were
itchy and the girls kept on talking. 


I really like the performance and I hope that next time it will be
better.


The difference between the YouTube
clip and the performance was that in ballet the
mother was the biological mum in the clip the
mother was a step parent.  The step mother was mean. The
ballet had additional characters compared to the original story. 
They also had added an actor called the Boogie Man
, the king and queen of the forest and  Mr.Sand man.
They all helped their parents find hansel and gretel.
Except for the Boogie Man he stole Hansel’s toy bunny rabbit .
He left it in the woods. When the parents found it they got really
sad and they thought that Hansel and Gretel had been kidnapped
or were dead in the woods. They did not give up and at the end

they found them. The best part of the show was that I thought
it looked  real. I liked it when the witch made smoke. We
could not see anything within the audience. 


There was another actress under the table who
was the bad witch. The good witch and the bad
witch switched places to make it look like they quickly
switched personalities. At first I thought that it was real but then
I realised it was magic. Image result for hansel and gretel balletThey spent a lot of time with all the setup. I hope to go to the ballet again as I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment